General Category > Ingredients

Prefered base malt for brewing?

<< < (2/4) > >>

yeastmaster:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 22, 2013, 04:10:33 PM ---What are you making?
For some British Ales I like GP, for others I like MO. I do like GP for a sweet-malty flavor.

--- End quote ---

I never know what I'm making until the spirit strikes me.  It looks like the new supplier also has some basic 2-row also but I'm interested in something with a little character.  I brew fairly frequently but not enough to keep two different types of base malt on hand.

I haven't brewed with Golden promise for years, could be interesting to try.  I think I've only ever used it for Scottish ales. 

tschmidlin:
I regularly use both Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter and Great Western Northwest Pale Ale (Washington Select) and really like both.  I often blend them as well, using more or less of one or the other depending on what I'm going for.  If I were you I would get one or the other and then alternate sacks when you start to run low.  Best of both worlds :)

morticaixavier:
More than anything else I use GW california select and/or munich (weyermann when I am feeling wealthy and not careing overly about environmental impact and gambrinus otherwise) I'll grab a sack of pils (again, weyermann for the richie rich days and gambrinus or GW others)

udubdawg:
of the ones listed, TF MO and GW NWPA.  Add in some Best or Weyermann Pilsner and I could get through just about everything I regularly make.

firedog23:
None from the list. Simpsons Maris Otter is what I can easily get over here in the UK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version