General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Beer Brewing Cookbook

<< < (6/6)

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 25, 2013, 08:13:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Titanium Brewing on January 22, 2013, 04:16:22 PM ---Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew

--- End quote ---
+1  The great thing is these recipes have all won gold at the National Homebrew Competition.  There are also pointers on key thing needed to get the style right. And it includes extract recipes with all-grain conversions.

--- End quote ---
All? Those were all award winners, but 80 golds in the NHC???

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 25, 2013, 08:17:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 25, 2013, 08:13:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Titanium Brewing on January 22, 2013, 04:16:22 PM ---Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew

--- End quote ---
+1  The great thing is these recipes have all won gold at the National Homebrew Competition.  There are also pointers on key thing needed to get the style right. And it includes extract recipes with all-grain conversions.

--- End quote ---
All? Those were all award winners, but 80 golds in the NHC???

--- End quote ---
Well I thought they were. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. They are not all Jamil's recipes and we're talking categories not BOS. Maybe they just medaled, but silver is not winning. It's first loser :)

mmitchem:
I find the Classic Beer Styles Series awesome for getting a feel for the way beer was brewed for a particular style. Lots of insight into the history and all aspects of the classic brewing ingredients. Plus you only have to buy what styles are relavent to what you like brewing.

denny:

--- Quote from: mmitchem on January 25, 2013, 09:41:22 AM ---I find the Classic Beer Styles Series awesome for getting a feel for the way beer was brewed for a particular style. Lots of insight into the history and all aspects of the classic brewing ingredients. Plus you only have to buy what styles are relavent to what you like brewing.

--- End quote ---

Again, though, you have to be careful about getting current info.  For example, Fix's VMO book is so outdated in terms of recipes and ingredients That I don't think it's worth having.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: denny on January 25, 2013, 09:59:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: mmitchem on January 25, 2013, 09:41:22 AM ---I find the Classic Beer Styles Series awesome for getting a feel for the way beer was brewed for a particular style. Lots of insight into the history and all aspects of the classic brewing ingredients. Plus you only have to buy what styles are relavent to what you like brewing.

--- End quote ---

Again, though, you have to be careful about getting current info.  For example, Fix's VMO book is so outdated in terms of recipes and ingredients That I don't think it's worth having.

--- End quote ---
I will agree, and also say the Pils we book by Miller is outdated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version