General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Beer Brewing Cookbook

<< < (2/6) > >>

garc_mall:
+1 to Radical Brewing and BCS

Also, the two books by the szamatulskis (I probably butchered their name) Beer Captured and Clone Brews. That has a lot of good recipes which are clones of well known craft beers.

denny:
Take a look at the AHA recipe database, too...

http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BeerRecipes

Mark, I gotta disagree on those books.  I do, however, find them great for starting fires in the woodstove.

garc_mall:
Denny,

I never used the books, I have used 1 recipe in my entire brewing career. However, I have flipped through the books and used some of their ideas to put together recipes of my own. I cannot comment on the quality of the recipes inside any of the books.  :-X

Oh, and you spelled my name wrong 8)

But I agree with Denny's recommendation of the AHA recipe database, and most homebrew shops have their own recipe books, which can be decent as well (More of a mixed bag though)

denny:
Oops!  I know better. I'll blame it on only one cup of coffee so far!

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: denny on January 23, 2013, 10:11:23 AM ---Oops!  I know better. I'll blame it on only one cup of coffee so far!

--- End quote ---
Are you talking about all of those books garc mentioned, or just the last two?  I really like the few beers I've brewed from BCS, and Radical Brewing is probably my favorite brewing book and I think it is hands down the best resource for odd ingredients.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version