Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Recommend a taxi service for at the NHC  (Read 1446 times)

Offline guido

• Brewer
Recommend a taxi service for at the NHC
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:10:40 pm »
Can any of the GR locals recommend a taxi service for the NHC.  I'll be needing one to get to and from the airport as well as my first few days until the shuttles are running.  I've looked at several taxi companies online and, of course, the reviews are all over the place.  Thanks in advance.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline wingnut

• Brewer
  • Plainwell MI
Re: Recommend a taxi service for at the NHC
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:36:51 am »
It has been 10 years since I used to grab a cap from work to the airport (I used to work in Grand Rapids) and we always used Metro Cab.   They were ontime the couple times I used them.

I can't rate them compared to the others, but I always got where I needed ontime, and they were always waiting for me at the airport when my flight arrived.
-- Wingnut - Cheers!

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:44:56 am »
It has been 10 years since I used to grab a cap from work to the airport (I used to work in Grand Rapids) and we always used Metro Cab.   They were ontime the couple times I used them.

I can't rate them compared to the others, but I always got where I needed ontime, and they were always waiting for me at the airport when my flight arrived.

Greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:29:16 am »
Started this thread to be a common place to establish ride shares between the airport and hotels in Grand Rapids.  Cabs are the most common way.  They charge per trip, not per person.  I'm told that $34 is the average cab fare.

Use the above thread to establish a ride share for the conference.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:36:31 am »

Wingnut...Did you booked them in advance or just grab one from the Taxi stand at the airport?
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------