Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mississippi homebrew bill clears house and is sent to Governor's desk to sign  (Read 6834 times)

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
just curious, but does the governor even need to sign it, or is this one of those things where the Gov has so many days to sign/veto after which it automatically becomes law?

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
just curious, but does the governor even need to sign it, or is this one of those things where the Gov has so many days to sign/veto after which it automatically becomes law?

From http://www.statescape.com/resources/governors/govsigndeadline.aspx
During session, governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days after transmittal (excepting Sundays), or it becomes law without signature. However, if legislature adjourns prior to the end of the 5-day time period, governor has 15 days to act (Sundays excepted) before legislation becomes law. If governor vetoes legislation after adjournment, bill must be returned to legislature within 3 days after the beginning of the next session.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline ynotbrusum

Don't bring it to a neighborhood party, though - transport is only allowed to "bona fide exhibitions, contests and competitions". Here in IL we can't even do that - it is required to be simply consumed by the homebrewer and his family and his "guests".  We need change on that here to allow for exhibitions, but Illinois has bigger problems to solve before they get to homebrewing....

Congrats Mississippians!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline beersk

• In the night!
This is embarrassing...
It's embarrassing it's taken this long. The south needs to catch up in many things.  It's hard to believe many things, beliefs, ideals, etc, have take as long as they have to be what they are today. And it's amazing there are still some beliefs around...but that's beside the point...
Congrats, Mississippi.
Jesse

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
Congrats, y'all!  I hope your neighbors to the east follow suit. 
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
This is embarrassing...
It's embarrassing it's taken this long. The south needs to catch up in many things.  It's hard to believe many things, beliefs, ideals, etc, have take as long as they have to be what they are today. And it's amazing there are still some beliefs around...but that's beside the point...
Congrats, Mississippi.

I agree with you to a point, but I have  a feeling you are being overly stereotypical. There is a lot of great things the south has to offer and it's not all as podunk as you probably think. There's a lot of great culture, great food and damn good people. God, if I had to suffer threw 23 years around a bunch of yankees again I think I'd hang myself. ;)

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
So it passed?  F'in A-ball man!

:D

Welcome to the 20th century!  Oh wait...  ::)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Wow, ending slavery and homebrew prohibition in one month!  Y'all are on a roll!
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Congrats to MS homebrewers, I'm sure its easier to RDWHAHB when its legal to do so.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
It made it to e-malt news.
http://www.e-malt.com/IndexNews.asp?ID=23496

Congratulations.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
Excellent!!  Way to go, MS!
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Congrats to all Mississippian Homebrewers!
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Awesome! I'd like to say "welcome" and all that but you know... ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis