Other than Brewing > Classifieds

Good Deal on New Ball Lock Kegs

<< < (2/2)

f0xtr0t:
I wonder if you could swap out for a straight dip tube. I have a few cornies with straight dip tubes. Maybe just a simple swap.

hopfenundmalz:
The LHBS had some early examples for evaluation, in addition to Tom's comments, the interior weld surfaces were not to the quality I was used to seeing. Maybe they have gotten better.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: f0xtr0t on January 26, 2013, 04:35:41 AM ---I wonder if you could swap out for a straight dip tube. I have a few cornies with straight dip tubes. Maybe just a simple swap.

--- End quote ---
I think the easiest fix is to attach a little bit of tubing to the end of the diptube - it would be annoying but cheap.

The inside welds on the ones I have look fine to me, but I'm not an expert.

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 25, 2013, 12:50:27 AM ---Ask for a picture of the inside before you buy - I have some that look really similar on the outside.  The inside is fine except the bottom has a punt like a champagne bottle but the diptube goes to the center, so there is still a cup or so of liquid left in the bottom after the keg kicks.  It's not necessarily a problem, just something to be aware of.

--- End quote ---
I guess that might keep your beer clearer though, especially if you move it around. Yeast would settle away from the dip tube.

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: f0xtr0t on January 26, 2013, 04:35:41 AM ---I wonder if you could swap out for a straight dip tube. I have a few cornies with straight dip tubes. Maybe just a simple swap.

--- End quote ---

Or pull it out and straighten it. Might not get to the bottom, but should be a little lower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version