General Category > Events

NHC competition site change.

<< < (2/17) > >>

hokerer:

--- Quote from: tony on January 26, 2013, 05:05:51 PM ---I think the AHA is simply trying to maximize % entry from 1st to 2nd round.

Percentage wise, it might, but why lose any entries at all especially when it is a Canadian club hosting that first round?
Why not just add more sites to the competition and leave the Canadian one as is?

--- End quote ---

If you added more sites, that would mean the final round would have more entries and, as hard as they've tried, they haven't been able to come up with a reasonable approach to accommodate that - it's pretty much maxed out at the present size.

garc_mall:
They actually added a site this year, so now there are 11 sites.

udubdawg:

--- Quote from: garc_mall on January 26, 2013, 05:45:30 PM ---They actually added a site this year, so now there are 11 sites.

--- End quote ---

well, there were 11 last year too technically.  the 11th US site replaces the Canadian site...since Canada had about 540 entries last year the competition will only grow by a couple hundred entries.  And if we assume the % of Canadians winning first round and not entering Finals doesn't change much, the Final Round could end up not growing at all.  Worst case it grows by about 50 beers, still less than one site.

To the OP, I don't understand the problem.  Why can't you enter?  I'm assuming you'd be willing to ship your beer to the Final Round, so why not the First Round?

cheers--
--Michael

garc_mall:
yeah, you are right, I was thinking there was 1 Canadian and 9 US sites.

tygo:
Just for the sake of my own curiosity how difficult is it to ship beer across the border?  Does a lot of it get held up?  I've never shipped any internationally before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version