General Category > Pimp My System

Programmable Fermentation Chamber Thermostat

<< < (2/4) > >>

Slowbrew:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on January 30, 2013, 06:24:47 AM ---
What do you mean by "No set up or programming"? Does this mean I don't have control over setpoints/differential?

--- End quote ---

He answers most of that with the next bullet point (I think).

Cleverly Sophisticated
    Use factory installed programs, or create your own programs to adapt to your particular recipes and methods; intricate or elementary, it's your choice.

You can program it but you don' have to.

Paul

kylekohlmorgen:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 30, 2013, 08:49:16 AM ---
What do you mean by "No set up or programming"? Does this mean I don't have control over setpoints/differential?

--- End quote ---

Cleverly Sophisticated
    Use factory installed programs, or create your own programs to adapt to your particular recipes and methods; intricate or elementary, it's your choice.

Paul

--- End quote ---

Ah - missed that. Sounds clever.

calebw:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 30, 2013, 08:49:16 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Cleverly Sophisticated

Paul

--- End quote ---

Yes, there are some preset programs initially installed (e.g. there is a default lager program), plus you will be able to store multiple programs you have created. You can name the programs whatever you like so re-accessing them in the menu is easy.

Also, yes, it is going to be dual stage.  The first beta version was only single-stage, but I just sent off the design files to have a new dual-stage PCB fabbed.  I'm planning on make a few dual-stage test versions before release the retail version... most likely this summer.

kylekohlmorgen:
Sounds cool, man. Didn't mean to sound harsh, I actually asked questions because I'm actually in the market for a new 2-stage.

The Ranco 2-stage costs around $140 from MoreBeer, so I'd be interested in your model!

Need beta testers by any chance?

calebw:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on January 31, 2013, 09:52:24 AM ---Sounds cool, man. Didn't mean to sound harsh, I actually asked questions because I'm actually in the market for a new 2-stage.

The Ranco 2-stage costs around $140 from MoreBeer, so I'd be interested in your model!

Need beta testers by any chance?

--- End quote ---

No problem at all, I welcome critiques... especially now while I can still make adjustments as needed.  I do still have a beta unit that hasn't been spoken for.  It will be about 5 weeks before the dual-stage ones will be ready (PCB fab during the chinese new year is dreadful).  Plus I'll hound you for feedback from time to time.  If you're still interested send me an PM or email (listed above) and I'll let you know when they are ready.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version