General Category > Ingredients

El Dorado Hops

<< < (2/2)

fmader:
Funny that I was ready to start a thread to ask about these hops. Has anybody used these yet? I thought about picking a pound up. In the description that I read, they refer to these hops as "the new IT hops." I'm holding off until the online shop I use gets another bulk hop of sort that I want back in stock. I am slightly worried if I wait, that I might miss out.

erockrph:

--- Quote from: fmader on February 02, 2013, 02:24:20 PM ---Funny that I was ready to start a thread to ask about these hops. Has anybody used these yet? I thought about picking a pound up. In the description that I read, they refer to these hops as "the new IT hops." I'm holding off until the online shop I use gets another bulk hop of sort that I want back in stock. I am slightly worried if I wait, that I might miss out.

--- End quote ---

El Dorado has been really hard to come by this year. I wouldn't count on too many merchants being able to get their hands on any from last year's harvest.

tschmidlin:
I've used them - I only got a small sample of the beer, but I thought the hops were nice.  Not mosaic nice, but nice.  I think they're only the new IT hops (if they are) because the ones people really want are unavailable.

dbarber:
I'm just finishing up a keg of el dorado pale ale.  The hops have a nice fruitiness, almost like cherry lifesave. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version