General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Keg Carbing

<< < (2/2)

amh0001:
What about just charging the keg high like 30psi and then taking it off the system, so you can set it aside and still have that one carbing. thats what I do.

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: euge on January 28, 2013, 01:39:19 PM ---It's not any faster IMO but you don't need to hook up the keg to the gas either so keg-priming can be done "off-system" so to speak. My preferred method.

--- End quote ---

+1.  This is why I wanted to give it a try.

Dave

a10t2:

--- Quote from: amh0001 on January 28, 2013, 01:51:02 PM ---What about just charging the keg high like 30psi and then taking it off the system, so you can set it aside and still have that one carbing. thats what I do.
--- End quote ---

The problem is that a keg can't handle enough pressure (~400 psi) in the head space for that to carbonate the beer. You could pressurize the head space to 30 psi, and that CO2 will go into solution, but you're less than 10% of the way to fully carbonating the beer.

euge:
I can see where this approach wouldn't make much sense to someone with a balanced multi-tap system! ;D Recently as two years ago the idea had poor reception.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version