General Category > Pimp My System

grain mill

(1/4) > >>

whitemancanhop:
I thought I would share some pics of my grain mill.  The mill is by no means new, built it about 4 years ago.  However, I recently moved from so cal to the pacific northwest... and go figure, the frame quickly rusted over.  I have always been meaning to powdercoat it and this was a good excuse to finally get it done.

svejk:

--- Quote from: whitemancanhop on January 28, 2013, 02:54:48 PM ---However, I recently moved from so cal to the pacific northwest... and go figure, the frame quickly rusted over.
--- End quote ---

As a native of Seattle, this reminds me of a funny story.  My brother has a friend who was raised in Washington and moved to Colorado as an adult.  He got married and the couple raised their kids there.  When his son was young, he was constantly leaving his bike outside overnight and his dad would tell him, "Bring your bike inside, or it will rust".  He did this over and over until one day his son looked at him and said, "Dad, what's rust?".

Welcome to the NW, and that is a great looking mill!

Pinski:

--- Quote from: whitemancanhop on January 28, 2013, 02:54:48 PM ---I thought I would share some pics of my grain mill.  The mill is by no means new, built it about 4 years ago.  However, I recently moved from so cal to the pacific northwest... and go figure, the frame quickly rusted over.  I have always been meaning to powdercoat it and this was a good excuse to finally get it done.

--- End quote ---
THAT is quite possible the coolest grain mill I've ever seen. Really dig the canvas hopper. Nice job, and welcome!

Slowbrew:
I agree!  That's one serious hopper.

Paul

In Iowa, rust is a way of life.   ;D

euge:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 28, 2013, 03:28:15 PM ---I agree!  That's one serious hopper.

Paul

--- End quote ---

+3 on the hopper! That's probably the coolest grain-mill I've ever laid eyes on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version