Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What 10 gal fermenter?  (Read 13955 times)

Offline dean_palmer

• Cellarman
    • The Beer Journals
Re: What 10 gal fermenter?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 01:28:44 pm »
I bend the diptube up and away from the bottom center and that seems to work well. You can cut them too, but I have never wanted to do that, not that I see myself using them for serving in the future :-)

Sometimes you may get debris and yeast at the start but it has never really been an issue considering how well they work otherwise. I usually rack to a conditioning/bright tank before then going to a final serving keg, so the last debris settles out there anyway. If you don't plan on moving your serving vessels you don't even need to worry about the middle step as it is preference.

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:47 pm »
I'd love to have a couple of those, but the cost of them now would be crazy if you can find them at all.

$300 on eBay.

That just seems like a lot.  For that much money, I'd rather get one of these:  https://www.kegs.com/products/select-sankey-keg

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:27 pm »
I'd love to have a couple of those, but the cost of them now would be crazy if you can find them at all.

You can get new ones for $380 or refurbished ones for $265 from CHI.

I bought a refurbished 10 gallon corny keg from them for $175 a few year ago and love it.

I bought one of the 10's from them a while back as well and it works nicely.  I just wish the 15's were in that price range.  With the cost of stainless these days, I know that's wishful thinking. 

Offline dcbc

• Brewer
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »
I use a jumper with a T off of my 15 gal. corny to fill two 5 gallon kegs at once.  Works extremely well.  Looking at Dean's setup, I am wishing my chest freezer could hold two of them.
I've consumed all of my home brew and still can't relax!  Now what!

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 04:04:31 pm »

$300 on eBay.

That just seems like a lot.  For that much money, I'd rather get one of these:  https://www.kegs.com/products/select-sankey-keg

I agree it seems like a lot.  I wasn't suggesting it's a bargain, just that they are available.

For my money, I'll ferment 10 gallons in two 6.5 gallon Better Bottles.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton