I was catching up on some cleaning the other day and came across a Better Bottle with some mold. I usually fill my carboys after rinsing them with warm-hot oxyclean solution and let them soak overnight or two, etc. Apparently I forgot about this one and didn't rinse it as well as I should, because in the neck of the bottle was a nice disc of mold the width of the neck. And did it smell bad.
I dumped the solution (and the mold) , rinsed several times and then stuck it on my carboy cleaner with hot oxyclean for about 40 minutes. After rinsing with fresh water 2-3 times, it doesn't smell anymore and looks clean.
Do you think I can assume it is clean and no mold spores are living in it after all that? Since it's a better bottle, I really can't hit it with flame or extremely hot water to sterilize it.