General Category > Extract/Partial Mash Brewing

Airlock Activity Stopped After Dry Hopping

(1/2) > >>

swimsalone:
Hello, I'm new to the board and have a concern about an American Pale Ale I've got fermenting right now.

I brewed it roughly 10 days ago and everything went well. The recipe said to dry hop after 7 days or when fermentation slowed. I dry hopped it last night because the fermentation activity had, in fact, slowed way down from a visual standpoint. After I added the hop pellets I got the normal increase in airlock activity for a few hours, but since then the airlock hasn't budged at all. I have beer anxiety. Please reassure me that this is normal for a beer with an OG of 1.053 ten days out from pitching my yeast when everything else went normally.

dannyjed:
don't worry, be happy... airlock activity doesn't tell you as much as taking a gravity reading.  You should be fine bottling or kegging in another week.

garc_mall:
Relax, your beer is doing fine, 10 days is actually a bit late for fermentation to be done. I would take a gravity reading now, so you can compare it to the gravity at the end of dry hopping. If they are the same, you can go straight into the bottle.

swimsalone:
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be kegging next weekend if the final gravity is on target. I should have taken a gravity reading when I dry hopped....

garc_mall:
If you are kegging, its not that big of a deal. Kegs can take a lot of pressure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version