Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: regulator replacement  (Read 1870 times)

Offline soflabrewer

• 1st Kit
regulator replacement
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »
My Brewlogic "entry-level" dual regulator is giving me a lot of problems and needs to be replaced. I am looking for recommendations on what to buy to replace it. I am currently running the dual regulator and 2 two-way manifolds to supply 4 kegs.

Offline leejoreilly

• Assistant Brewer
  • Washington, MI
Re: regulator replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:04:49 am »
Before you spend the bucks for a new regulator, you might want to try a rebuild kit first. As I recall, my LHBS has 'em for something like $10 - $15 or so, and they are easy to install. Basically, they replace all of the "wear-out-able" parts like seals and o rings.

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:38:40 am »
if you do decide to replace, Micromatic.com is where I get all of my kegerator stuff.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline soflabrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 04:05:57 pm »
blatz... I am actually considering the micromatic 642-battery. Looks like a direct replacement for what I have.

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-642-Battery.html

leejoreilly... I haven't seen any rebuild kits for the brewlogic regulators that I have. When I called Midwest Supplies they did not offer-up rebuilding as an option. I will keep checking around though unless someone tells me otherwise.

Thanks for the replies thus far.