General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Bottling a Barleywine

<< < (3/3)

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: gauzzastrip on January 30, 2013, 02:36:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: davidgzach on January 30, 2013, 09:19:56 AM ---It's been at FG for about a week, but I fermented it slow and steady at 63F.  I want to let it sit, but I have 4 fermenters tied up in my chest freezer with lagers and need to brew!  I'll try to be patient as I freed up a bucket the other night, kegging my AIPA.  That will at least get 5 gallons of something off of my to do list..... :D

It's at just about 3 weeks total.  I'm going to try and hold out for 4 weeks.

Dave

--- End quote ---
That sounds like a lot of brew!

--- End quote ---

Hmmm.  Let's see.  I have 4 x 5G light lagers in primary, 5 x 5G ales kegged and conditioning, 2 on tap, 2 lagers in the fridge ready to go, the barlerywine ready to bottle and 4 cases of various high gravity brew.  I gues you are right now that I add it up!   ;D

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on January 30, 2013, 08:49:08 AM ---I just bottled a barley wine.

I wracked to an clean sanitized co2 purged keg containing my priming sugar and .5 packets rehydrated yeast (if you do not have access to kegs you can skip to the next section)
I sealed the keg up, gave it a couple good shakes rattle roll to mix everything well
Then I bottled with a bottling wand stuck in the end of the cobra tap.

--- End quote ---

Mort,

I bottled today.  Cleaned and sanitized a keg, racked the Barleywine, added 3/4 cup of corn sugar, rehydrated 1/2 packet of US-05 and added.  Purged the headspace with CO2, turned down the pressure to about 5psi and filled bottles with my new growler filler that hooks up to my tap. 

This was by far the most enjoyable bottling experience I ever had.  Great idea!  This is now my new process whenever I bottle!

Dave

morticaixavier:
Cool! glad to here it went so well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version