General Category > Equipment and Software

Where to get specialized faucet adapters

<< < (2/3) > >>

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: vinsthb on January 31, 2013, 01:44:31 PM ---If you have the 1/2npt14 that means 1/2 national pipe thread 14 threads per inch . So your adapter needs to be 1/2npt14 to hose fitting. The m14 could also stand for 14 millimeter which could be the case.

--- End quote ---

NPSM is a straight thread male connection as opposed to tapered thread (NPT).  It does come in 14 TPI.  From what I read NPSM should not be used for fluids or needs a sealant when used with fluids.

the_pig:
I'd second the idea of a tee in the pipe under the sink.  It's a pretty easy change to make.  And if you have a friend with some rudimentary plumbing skills (and a few tools), I'll bet you could arrange a trade for some homebrew...

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: the_pig on January 31, 2013, 02:29:40 PM ---I'd second the idea of a tee in the pipe under the sink.  It's a pretty easy change to make.  And if you have a friend with some rudimentary plumbing skills (and a few tools), I'll bet you could arrange a trade for some homebrew...

--- End quote ---

Said homebrew to be consumed AFTER installing the tee.

A hose-bib under the sink is an elegant way to solve this dilemma.

realbeerguy:

--- Quote from: redbeerman on January 31, 2013, 01:17:53 PM ---There are three standard 1/2" threads 1/2-13, 1/2-20, 1/2-28.  I am wondering whether you may really have a metric thread on your faucet, which would be a real PITA to get an adapter for (at least at a normal store).

--- End quote ---
IIRC, those are bolt thread pitches, not plumbing.

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: realbeerguy on January 31, 2013, 03:18:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: redbeerman on January 31, 2013, 01:17:53 PM ---There are three standard 1/2" threads 1/2-13, 1/2-20, 1/2-28.  I am wondering whether you may really have a metric thread on your faucet, which would be a real PITA to get an adapter for (at least at a normal store).

--- End quote ---
IIRC, those are bolt thread pitches, not plumbing.

--- End quote ---

You are correct.  Hence my second post.  Sorry for the confusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version