General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Brewin' in the rain

<< < (2/5) > >>

Slowbrew:
I use a popup awning too.

To battle the wind I made 2 rings out of 10" aluminum flashing.  One fits over my turkey cooker and has a cutout for the burner air/fuel intake.  The other is about 3' in diameter and sits on the ground around the cooker.  It allows enough air in for a good flame but stops the wind gusts from blowing out the burner.

Paul

kylekohlmorgen:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 31, 2013, 01:02:30 PM ---I use a popup awning too.

To battle the wind I made 2 rings out of 10" aluminum flashing.  One fits over my turkey cooker and has a cutout for the burner air/fuel intake.  The other is about 3' in diameter and sits on the ground around the cooker.  It allows enough air in for a good flame but stops the wind gusts from blowing out the burner.

Paul

--- End quote ---

Schucks man - I just put stuff in front it.

Seriously though - the wind (esp. cold wind) sucks. Changes my evaporation rate dramatically unless I keep an eye on the flame. I may have to try your aluminum windbreaker idea!

weithman5:
my first brew with my little electric kettle was on my picnic table. thunder showers started. i unplugged it, carried it to the kitchen and resumed.  watched the rain from inside

svejk:
In Seattle, brewing in the rain is just called brewing...

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on January 31, 2013, 12:27:08 PM ---Brewing in the rain sucks - especially after the boil...

This time of year, the Midwesterners are brewing in the snow, too:

--- End quote ---

This kinda looks like you're brewing in the alley...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version