General Category > Equipment and Software

pump noise

<< < (2/5) > >>

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 31, 2013, 08:01:04 PM ---Obviously the answer is to leave the nut loose.  ;)

--- End quote ---
Obviously :)

But I am worried that if I leave it loose it will vibrate even looser, and that's when the glycol starts shooting out all over the place.  You don't want to have to clean up a large glycol spill, it is a PITA and that stuff is expensive!

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 31, 2013, 09:53:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 31, 2013, 08:01:04 PM ---Obviously the answer is to leave the nut loose.  ;)

--- End quote ---
Obviously :)

But I am worried that if I leave it loose it will vibrate even looser, and that's when the glycol starts shooting out all over the place.  You don't want to have to clean up a large glycol spill, it is a PITA and that stuff is expensive!

--- End quote ---

Duct tape.  ;D

VinS:
I think you might have a kink or blockage in your system. Because opening vent you relieved pressure making pump turn free. I would move and squeeze the lines and see if you hear a change in the pump.

dak0415:
Your pump does not look like a March pump, but I have heard that sometimes the thrust washer is left off of the impeller spindle allowing the impeller to rattle around a bit.  Make sure all the pieces/parts are in place inside the pump head.

hopfenundmalz:
Can you describe the noise? A whine? Or a growl?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version