Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Conference website  (Read 7667 times)

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
Re: Conference website
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:51 am »
Those were not available from what I understand because we're coming right in on the heels of another convention (that will actually be wrapping up on Thursday - hence the odd "No Thursday" package)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »
The pre-conference nights (Sat Jun 22 - Tue Jun 25) were also sold out, or not available, and I was in there fairly early. Were those nights limited or were they just never really available?
My confirmation says the dates for the rate are the 25th - 30th.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline jja

• 1st Kit
  • Malz und Hopfen (und Honig) Gott erhalts
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 12:20:40 pm »
My confirmation says the dates for the rate are the 25th - 30th.

My confirmation says the conference is 25-30, but the reservation form indicated the special rate days as starting the 22nd, and it's usual for conferences to extend the rate a bit. But I guess not this time as Drew posted. I was mainly thinking about Tuesday night, to be prepared for any Wed AM tours or activities, so I'll just find another room downtown...

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:42:03 pm »
Friday and Saturday nights are sold out at the host hotel. We’re in the process of securing more rooms at nearby hotels and will post more information on February 6.

The pre-conference nights (Sat Jun 22 - Tue Jun 25) were also sold out, or not available, and I was in there fairly early. Were those nights limited or were they just never really available?

I was in early and was told Monday was not on the discount price. Could have booked it for about double the conference rate, but did not. Might check out Delaware that night. I hear there is a little brewery there.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline rob_f

• Assistant Brewer
  • Corcoran Brew Works, Maryland
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »
The hotel's 3rd-party registration site began giving the AHA rate a 9am on 2/1.  Several of us from my club got the 26th-30th that morning.  Don't know how widely that was known, but it explains the quick sell-out.
Rob Farrell
AHA
CRABS

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »
The hotel's 3rd-party registration site began giving the AHA rate a 9am on 2/1.  Several of us from my club got the 26th-30th that morning.  Don't know how widely that was known, but it explains the quick sell-out.

Probably not too many knew and it sounds like the Hotel made a mistake. Something the AHA will want to make sure is taken care of in the future.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
We are in for both the hotel and conference registration. It was a little more effort and excitement this year, if you know what I mean.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »
We are in for both the hotel and conference registration. It was a little more effort and excitement this year, if you know what I mean.

Yes, Yes I do. :o
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 02:18:12 pm »

I had a an issue registering a guest and had to call and get a 'test' code to register a guest. Lots of excitement this year.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »
Three times I entered my homebrewersassociation.org password as the password instead of my AHA number. That was so frustrating - but it was right there in front of me. Then... I did it again to add my wife to the registration.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 03:09:51 pm »
How did you all get registered???  I've spent the last hour hitting refresh and getting no sever response until an hour later and now full conference is sold out.  Not a very enjoyable process for a long time member, but first timer for conference finally having the time and means.

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:54 pm »
Part of the problem was the registration site could easily handle the traffic, but the AHA's portal to that site was bogged down. For a while you couldn't open homebrewersassociation.org, the forum, anything.  This link was going around, which helped.

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1191982
AHA Member since 2006

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 03:16:27 pm »
Thanks.  Would have been nice if their register now email had the direct link too.

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »
I managed to get a full pass because of a tip to use the facebook link, but then came back ten minutes later and tried to register a guest who was having trouble logging on as an AHA member and the waiting list was already up.  Seems like this took less than an hour to sell out.  I managed to get the Wed, Thurs, Fri hotel, but they were sold out for Sat. night.

It just doesn't seem like a huge improvement from last year even though I know a lot of effort was made to make it work more smoothly.  If it had not been slow at work this afternoon, I'd have been shut out.

Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
Part of the problem was the registration site could easily handle the traffic, but the AHA's portal to that site was bogged down. For a while you couldn't open homebrewersassociation.org, the forum, anything.  This link was going around, which helped.

http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1191982

Apparently they tweeted this link as well.  Which wouldn't have helped me.  But it got flipped to me by a club member and that's how I was able to register.
Clint
Wort Hogs