General Category > Beer Recipes

Doppelbock recipes

<< < (6/6)

jeffy:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on March 26, 2013, 09:01:13 AM ---Jeff, which yeast did you like better in the Doppelbock? Or did you blend? Which one won at the competition?

--- End quote ---

My notes don't say which half of the batch won.  Sorry.

mmitchem:
I always dig how you keep your recipes simple Denny. Three or four malts is usually the way to go. You can batch sparge a doppelbock, no problem. Step mash and a batch sparge is my standard practice. I will say that I like just a touch of melanoidin malt in there as well, just to give it some of that good flavor.

chumley:
I like Denny's recipe, too.  Especially since he eschewed the dark munich malt that most doppelbock recipes call for.

I just never had much luck with dark munich.  The last doppelbock I brewed was with all dark munich, and it has a weird vegetal character to it

blatz:

--- Quote from: chumley on April 11, 2013, 12:56:46 PM ---I like Denny's recipe, too.  Especially since he eschewed the dark munich malt that most doppelbock recipes call for.

I just never had much luck with dark munich.  The last doppelbock I brewed was with all dark munich, and it has a weird vegetal character to it

--- End quote ---

really - which brands?  I use it a lot and like it - I use Best and Weyermann, personally.

denny:

--- Quote from: chumley on April 11, 2013, 12:56:46 PM ---I like Denny's recipe, too.  Especially since he eschewed the dark munich malt that most doppelbock recipes call for.

--- End quote ---

Depends on what you call dark Munich, chumley.  Mine was 10L, which  lot of people call dark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version