Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Mozzarella

<< < (2/10) > >>

hopfenundmalz:
I have to admit, the coffee roasting is what has my interest. My LHBS is not into that, yet.

denny:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on February 02, 2013, 01:27:25 PM ---I have to admit, the coffee roasting is what has my interest. My LHBS is not into that, yet.

--- End quote ---

A good friend down the road is a killer homebrewer who also makes cheese and sausage and roasts coffee, has a vineyard and makes large amounts of wine and raises sheep.  His wife spins the wool.  I feel SO inadequate!

euge:
The last mozz I made the pH was missed when trying to rush the process. Somehow I made balls of it and vac sealed each. After 3-4 weeks in the fridge it became an excellent spreadable cheese similar to Laughing Cow.

I just love making cheese.

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: denny on February 02, 2013, 10:27:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluesman on February 02, 2013, 07:06:39 AM ---This is on my list of things to do. I love fresh Mozzarella!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'd love to get into cheesemaking.  I'm a cheeseaholic, though, and I hate to think what I'd look like with cheese AND beer around all the time!

--- End quote ---

You'd look like me ;)

Alewyfe:

--- Quote from: denny on February 02, 2013, 10:27:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluesman on February 02, 2013, 07:06:39 AM ---This is on my list of things to do. I love fresh Mozzarella!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'd love to get into cheesemaking.  I'm a cheeseaholic, though, and I hate to think what I'd look like with cheese AND beer around all the time!

--- End quote ---
Cheeeeeeese......
That's why I don't come up to Eugene that often.  My market of price bill is $200 just for cheese when I get to the city.  I've had good luck making Goat's milk brie, but I've got to travel to get the fresh goat milk and
then there's making space in the beer fridge and the fact that it almost all reaches peak maturity at the same time so it seems to be feast or famine. Half the fun is just learning what goes into these processes though. You end up with so much appreciation for those who have perfected the craft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version