Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: El Dorado Hops  (Read 2919 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
El Dorado Hops
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »
I just got in my El Dorado hops from Missouri Malt Supply today. ;D Grab them while you still can. They don't have an online shop, but they will do mail order and billed me through PayPal. Here's the link:

http://momalt.com/catalog

Looks like NikoBrew just got some in as well.

http://www.nikobrew.com/el-dorado-pellet-2oz/
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: El Dorado Hops
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:09 pm »
El Dorado sounds like a great hop and I'd like to try it.  Unfortunately I have already reached the limit of the amount of hops I will allow myself to buy for this year.  Actually I reached the limit, grasped it, then threw it to the ground and stomped on it and bought more hops and I now have more hops than I can possibly use in 2013.

But thanks for the heads up anyway  :D
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:01 pm »
is it paypal only?  I placed an order today only to discover they didn't take credit cards or debit cards, paypal only.  Most annoying.  I can deposit into paypal but it's a nuisance and I haven't used it in a couple years.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:30:15 pm »
is it paypal only?  I placed an order today only to discover they didn't take credit cards or debit cards, paypal only.  Most annoying.  I can deposit into paypal but it's a nuisance and I haven't used it in a couple years.

You can pay with a credit card via PayPal - I did. I never put money into my PayPal account. They send an invoice to your PayPal account and you can pay it in any manner you want from there.
Eric B.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:34:05 pm »
I just ordered some of these from Kent at MOMalting, I won't pick mine up until the next group malt buy is ready at the end of Feb.  Be sure and report back about your results.  The few posts I've seen about them indicate they are pretty good with an orangey citrus aroma and flavor.

I'm always up to try a new hop.  Seems like a lot of the new stuff gets panned pretty quickly.

I just inventoried my hops and I have a little over 13lb, so I only ordered 2lb total this time around.  8oz each of El Dorado, Centennial, Chinook and German Magnum.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »
Funny that I was ready to start a thread to ask about these hops. Has anybody used these yet? I thought about picking a pound up. In the description that I read, they refer to these hops as "the new IT hops." I'm holding off until the online shop I use gets another bulk hop of sort that I want back in stock. I am slightly worried if I wait, that I might miss out.
Frank

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »
Funny that I was ready to start a thread to ask about these hops. Has anybody used these yet? I thought about picking a pound up. In the description that I read, they refer to these hops as "the new IT hops." I'm holding off until the online shop I use gets another bulk hop of sort that I want back in stock. I am slightly worried if I wait, that I might miss out.

El Dorado has been really hard to come by this year. I wouldn't count on too many merchants being able to get their hands on any from last year's harvest.
Eric B.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:59 pm »
I've used them - I only got a small sample of the beer, but I thought the hops were nice.  Not mosaic nice, but nice.  I think they're only the new IT hops (if they are) because the ones people really want are unavailable.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 07:21:21 am »
I'm just finishing up a keg of el dorado pale ale.  The hops have a nice fruitiness, almost like cherry lifesave. 
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National