General Category > Ingredients

Meridian Hops

<< < (2/4) > >>

tygo:

--- Quote from: fmader on February 02, 2013, 07:01:20 PM ---I've seen you mention Mosaic a few times, so I bought 5 oz from Label Peelers. I couldn't find any bulk rates on them anywhere...I actually had a tough time finding them.

--- End quote ---

I picked up half a pound from Freshops.  Looks like they still have them in stock.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: bluesman on February 02, 2013, 06:32:24 PM ---Tom...was that one of the beers brewed for Stan Hieronymus's talk last year? I remember tasting a beer with them at his seminar. The beer was very nice.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the four beers were mosaic, meridian, el dorado, and LR.  Mosaic was the runaway favorite.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on February 03, 2013, 01:55:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluesman on February 02, 2013, 06:32:24 PM ---Tom...was that one of the beers brewed for Stan Hieronymus's talk last year? I remember tasting a beer with them at his seminar. The beer was very nice.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the four beers were mosaic, meridian, el dorado, and LR.  Mosaic was the runaway favorite.

--- End quote ---

True. I need to brew my Mosaic beer soon.

fmader:
Ok, I have a pound of Meridian on the way, so I put together a pale ale recipe. Since I'm still relatively new at recipes, be sure to give advice or any adjustments....especially in the malt bill. Thanks!

I call it Meri-Lena Pale Ale...

Batch = 5.5
OG = 1.057
IBU = 49
60 minute mash @ 154

88.5% American 2 Row Pale = 10.75 lb
7.5 % Caramel/Crystal 40L = 1 lb
4% Caramel/Crystal 60L = .5 lb

60 minute = .75 oz Galena
30 minute = .75 oz Meridian
10 minute = .25 oz Galena
10 minute = .25 oz Meridian
0 minute = .75 oz Meridian
Dry Hop = .75 oz Meridian

White Labs 001 California Ale
WYeast 1056 American Ale

kylekohlmorgen:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on February 03, 2013, 06:59:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on February 03, 2013, 01:55:44 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

True. I need to brew my Mosaic beer soon.

--- End quote ---

Just randomly dry-hopped my pale ale with 2oz of Mosaic. Kegging today - but the sample smell/tastes NICE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version