General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Red's Apple Ale

<< < (3/3)

brewmanator:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on February 04, 2013, 10:15:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: phillamb168 on February 04, 2013, 07:21:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on February 04, 2013, 06:48:11 AM ---Really?

I'm headed that way this year - I'll make sure to scratch it off the list.

Actually, the only two things on the list are Cantillon and Westvleteren. After that, I'll have to do some research on what's close and worth going to.

--- End quote ---

theoman can chime in here more than me, but the only part of Delirium Bar worth going to is the Hoppy Loft at the very top of the building.

If you want beer mecca, go to Chez Moeder Lambic Fontainas (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/21739). Every time I'm there it's really great.

When are you planning to be in Brussels?

--- End quote ---

Probably August - I told my wife we had to go to Europe before we had kids.

We each picked a country, and we're going to end up in Germany because her sister lives there.

--- End quote ---

Check out A La Becasse in Brussels.  Quaint little place with a good beer selection, especially if you like lambics.

erockrph:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on February 04, 2013, 06:49:39 AM ---Funny story - I ordered one in a bar in Providence, RI once and the waitress asked "Would you like an 'east side rim job' with that?"  Is that legal? I thought.  :o   My friend said "What the hell, sure" and the glass came rimmed with caramel and dipped in brown sugar. It looked ... like the worst thing you can imagine from that name.

--- End quote ---

I will never drive by Blackstone Park in the East Side without thinking of this from now on. Blecch.

theoman:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on February 04, 2013, 07:21:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on February 04, 2013, 06:48:11 AM ---Really?

I'm headed that way this year - I'll make sure to scratch it off the list.

Actually, the only two things on the list are Cantillon and Westvleteren. After that, I'll have to do some research on what's close and worth going to.

--- End quote ---

theoman can chime in here more than me, but the only part of Delirium Bar worth going to is the Hoppy Loft at the very top of the building.

If you want beer mecca, go to Chez Moeder Lambic Fontainas (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/21739). Every time I'm there it's really great.

When are you planning to be in Brussels?

--- End quote ---

Yep, what Phil said. Good call on Cantillon - it's a must. PM me when you get closer to having your plans nailed down and let me know what kind of place/beer you're looking for. I'm happy to help out. There are so many great spots in Brussels and all over Belgium, it's a waste to bother with Delirium.

Just to complicate things for you… I'll be around in August except for the couple days when I'm hoping to make it to London for the Great British Beer Festival. ;-)

alcaponejunior:
Good to see this thread, I know I'll skip this one.

The king of apple beers still remains New Glarus, Apple Enigma FTW! :D

skrag6713:
i bought it, i tried it, i actually think woodchuck isn't terrible.  i didn't the same thing about redd's.  when the label actually says 'caramel color added', it's kind of a dead give away that you're drinking cheerleader beer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version