General Category > Kegging and Bottling

keg lube

<< < (2/2)

euge:
I'm assuming you have a system where everything is hooked up all the time? Regardless, to answer your question- I favor olive oil and a conservative application to pretty much the entire post including the poppit on the "in" side after cleaning. For the large lid-ring freshly wet with starsan and a max blast to seat the lid always takes care of that problem.

Joe Sr.:
I try to use keg lube as little as possible, because I can't stand it when it gets on my hands.  Very hard to get off.

Glad I have it on hand, though, as today I needed some plumbing grease and did not have any.  I threw some keg lube on the gaskets and I was able to reassemble an old faucet and now it works like new.  Gotta love that keg lube.

brewsumore:
I use just the tiniest of a smidge between two fingers, then run the big 0-ring round and round between those fingers to barely moisten the o-ring while distributing the lube equally.  Of course for the gas and liquid posts it's a fractionally relevant (smaller amount of lube) application.  Then I sanitize the o-rings via immersion in Star San prior to assembling the keg.  I break down, clean, sanitize and lube my kegs after each use.             

HobsonDrake:

--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on March 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM ---I try to use keg lube as little as possible, because I can't stand it when it gets on my hands.  Very hard to get off.

--- End quote ---

I too hate the stuff on my hands. I put on a set of disposable gloves and apply after cleaning every time I wash out between brews.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version