Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Congrats to the lucky few  (Read 10409 times)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
Re: Congrats to the lucky few
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:23 am »
I tried to register but was probably doubly cursed by my distance from the servers. By the time the page actually loaded, the full package was sold out, and I'm not spending $700 on airfare just for a single day.

Oh well... Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Phil, the Full-Almost package covers Friday and Saturday seminars, and all social stuff.  It's only the Thursday seminars you can't attend (we don't have the space because of another conference Thursday) and they are generally repeated on Friday or Saturday anyway.  Plus you can judge and not worry about it.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 05:28:49 am »
Hey Tom, is there any method for someone who got the full package to pass along their Thursday seminar pass along to someone else. In reality I'll probably be judging so I could give my pass to someone looking for the seminars that day.

It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:50 am »
I tried to register but was probably doubly cursed by my distance from the servers. By the time the page actually loaded, the full package was sold out, and I'm not spending $700 on airfare just for a single day.

Oh well... Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Phil, the Full-Almost package covers Friday and Saturday seminars, and all social stuff.  It's only the Thursday seminars you can't attend (we don't have the space because of another conference Thursday) and they are generally repeated on Friday or Saturday anyway.  Plus you can judge and not worry about it.

+1

You better not back out on us!  ;)

It's going to be another stellar conference in one of the best beer cities on the planet!  :)
Ron Price

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:25 am »
Hey Tom, is there any method for someone who got the full package to pass along their Thursday seminar pass along to someone else. In reality I'll probably be judging so I could give my pass to someone looking for the seminars that day.

Mike... Either Tom or I can ask the powers to be at the home office and post the answer here.
Ron Price

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 05:58:23 am »
It turns out we don't have the cash to do it anyway (got some bad news in the mail today) so next year.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 07:34:06 am »
It turns out we don't have the cash to do it anyway (got some bad news in the mail today) so next year.

Sorry to hear that phil...but there's always next year.  :)
Ron Price

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:41 am »
Luckily, someone in my club shared that other link, so I got my full conference pass. After years of wanting to go, but having circumstances dictate otherwise, I'm finally going to attend my first NHC. Can't wait!
Mark Gres

Offline hubie

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 08:23:15 am »
Then the AHA posted the direct link on FB and I shared it far and wide.

I'm just curious, was this the only way the AHA reported the direct link?

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:47 am »

The link was eventually hooked up the the conference website.  I think it was also on Twitter.  I didn't know what the link was until I got my confirmation email after booking on the phone.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:32 am »

They probably couldn't email it out since the same servers bogged down by registration requests would be running their email system.  For a while ALL AHA websites were non-responsive.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline hopmonster

• 1st Kit
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:21 am »
Pretty disappointing. I was on the site at the appoint hour, only to see it crash (again and again and again). I tried for more then an hour to get wait listed. I found out about the other route to register later in the day after it was all over. Not sure why the other method was not terribly public information as this was the middle of a working day.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 08:57:16 am »
Wow....they just sold out.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:27 am »
Yeah, I logged on at 1:00 Mountain exactly and it took me 1/2 hour of constant frenzied effort.  I learned my lesson from last year (shut out of both NHC and GABF)....whole AHA site was out...

This still was poorly done....perhaps we need to go to a lottery system as not everyone has the ability to spend a couple hours in the middle of the day to mess with this.

Conference hotel is buggered up.  The conference hotel was already sold out by the time I contacted them at 1:45 Mountain.  The back up site (courtyard) was identified in the Marriot's system but wouldn't let me book.  I booked a regular room rate and was told to call back today.  That was sold out before this morning.  I guess I will try my luck with a nearby room.

Does anyone know if this part of Philly is safe to walk at night?  I am looking at the hotels that are north of the big convention center (a few blocks north of our convention) or about an equal distance south.  I figure I won't be the only AHA conventioneer making these treks.

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:12 am »
Does anyone know if this part of Philly is safe to walk at night?  I am looking at the hotels that are north of the big convention center (a few blocks north of our convention) or about an equal distance south.  I figure I won't be the only AHA conventioneer making these treks.

Yes, this part is safe.  However, I would not go more than 1-2 blocks North.  South, East and West are all good for several blocks.  And there are cabs everywhere.

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 09:12:06 am »
This still was poorly done....perhaps we need to go to a lottery system as not everyone has the ability to spend a couple hours in the middle of the day to mess with this.

I'm not a fan of the lottery system.  I've been playing megabucks for years and I'm still not a millionaire.  ;D
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo