General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Lager diacetyl rest...now what?

<< < (3/3)

klickitat jim:
Cool deal. I'm excited to see how my first lagers turn out.

"Freedom is temporary unless you are also Brave!" - Patriot

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: kraftwerk on April 03, 2013, 07:41:32 PM ---Well I tasted my lager last night, about 3 months after brewing and it is pretty darn good! The diacetyl cleaned up quite a lot and I'm left with a really nice, amber rye lager. It's pretty amazing what yeast can do if you leave it to it's own devices. White Labs 940 Mexican Lager is nice and clean. Thanks for all the input, everyone!

--- End quote ---

NICE!  Congrats on your first lager!

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: kraftwerk on April 03, 2013, 07:41:32 PM ---Well I tasted my lager last night, about 3 months after brewing and it is pretty darn good! The diacetyl cleaned up quite a lot and I'm left with a really nice, amber rye lager. It's pretty amazing what yeast can do if you leave it to it's own devices. White Labs 940 Mexican Lager is nice and clean. Thanks for all the input, everyone!

--- End quote ---
WLP-940 stands out as a clean yeast when compared to other clean yeast.

bluesman:

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you did well.

The one thing I find with lagering is that it allows the beer to naturally clear, and develop smoother/rounder flavors (malt and hops). I like to lager on the yeast for 2-4 weeks depending on my space and time schedule. It really helps to have a lagering chest/vessel to enable this process. Lagering is fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version