General Category > Kegging and Bottling

morebeer reconditioned corny kegs

<< < (2/6) > >>

gymrat:
 tschmidlin the fact that they had to have taken that post off is what burns me the most. First they KNEW the keg was bent there. They knew that makes the post difficult to get a socket on. And yet they sold me the thing anyway. To me that is a just plain shoddy way to do business. And if that is the way they do business I will take mine elsewhere. I don't expect a used keg to be in mint condition. But I expect it to at least be usable.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: gymrat on February 10, 2013, 02:56:40 PM --- tschmidlin the fact that they had to have taken that post off is what burns me the most. First they KNEW the keg was bent there. They knew that makes the post difficult to get a socket on. And yet they sold me the thing anyway. To me that is a just plain shoddy way to do business. And if that is the way they do business I will take mine elsewhere. I don't expect a used keg to be in mint condition. But I expect it to at least be usable.

--- End quote ---

or it took a hit in shipping. Looks to me like whatever made that dent in the post could well have been the same thing that bent the keg. In my experience morebeer is really responsive to customer complaint. If they don't replace the keg THEN I would think about no longer ordering from them but accidents happen in shipping

gymrat:
The box was in perfect condition. They sent the thing to me this way.

In The Sand:
I've bought several reconditioned kegs from them without a problem. Looks like this one slipped by them or +1 to Mort. Give Em a call and then get upset if they don't respond.

jeffy:
Sometimes people turning wrenches just don't get a feel for tightness.  For example, removing an oil filter from a car should not take a boatload of special tools, but I have them in spite of that.
If you can get the post off, they can simply send you a new one.

Lay the keg down so you can put your knee on it.  Have the fitting on the opposite side so that the leverage of the wrench is across the center of the top of the keg.  You can even put a long pipe or rod through the openings of the rubber part to steady the keg so your wrench doesn't turn the whole thing.

Did they respond to your email yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version