Could you explain a little bit about the website? It seems like an online version of a local homebrew club, sort of?
The main point of the site is to trade homebrew and give reviews. It's useful to homebrew clubs if they want to keep track of what they've tried of each others homebrew and also keep a better record of reviews. It also allows you to find people that might not be able to go to meetings or aren't interested in joining a club. The homebrew club near me meets one Tuesday a month which I can't make it to.
It also has a few other features not related to just sharing / reviewing homebrew.
- One place where you can have all your homebrew listed in your pipe line.
- Dynamic forum signature image (like mine) that shows your latest brews and stats.
- Generating basic labels for printing labels quickly. Quickly upload beer xml from programs like beersmith.
- Local stats / feeds for homebrewers.
- Trying homebrew of a certain style before you brew it yourself.
- Popular homebrew bloggers / vloggers could give out samples of beer they brewed
- It would be great to eventually have a way to link homebrew kits from HBS to see who's brewed it and what people thought of it
My hopes with the BJCP section is that there aren't many contests for me to enter to get real feed back and friends I give my homebrew to simply say "tastes good" or "tastes like bigfoots balls."
Hope that helps.