Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Business Plan  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: Business Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »
If something isn't selling fast, don't keep brewing it in smaller batches.  Stop brewing it. On the pro side, if it's not selling, let someone else brew it.

Yes and now. You need to meet your consumers expectations. Even thou your porter is slower moving and consumers expect that you have it year round you need to brew it. Unless it is not selling at all and you do not have expectations to meet.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Business Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:53 am »
From a competition standpoint I wonder whether the instructors will look kindly on your idea of outsourcing production for most of your product. I'm not sure what the requirements are for the assignment or who judges the competition but it seems like the kind of thing that wouldn't score big points in a competition unless you could articulate the economic advantage of that arrangement.
It worked for Boston Beer Co. It is definately economically viable and the whole point of a business plan is to show economic advantage anyway.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958