Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I'm going to Cellar The Abyss 2012???  (Read 1164 times)

Offline dirtybiz

• Cellarman
I'm going to Cellar The Abyss 2012???
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:34 pm »
I was lucky enough to grab a bottle in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago and thinking about putting it in the Cellar?  My question is when will it mature?  How long have you guys cellered past vintages of The Abyss?

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: I'm going to Cellar The Abyss 2012???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:27:30 pm »
I was lucky enough to grab a bottle in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago and thinking about putting it in the Cellar?  My question is when will it mature?  How long have you guys cellered past vintages of The Abyss?

I still have a few bottles left of 07.  Every few years I've been pulling them all out and doing a vertical.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »
I've got a 2011 in the closet somewhere I think. at least I think it's a 2011.
The year I got that one there was a vertical at the club christmas party and one year, I wanna say the 2010 had an infection and it was actually quite good. nice sour note with some funk in the background. major gusher though.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 05:54:45 pm »
I've got a 2011 in the closet somewhere I think. at least I think it's a 2011.
The year I got that one there was a vertical at the club christmas party and one year, I wanna say the 2010 had an infection and it was actually quite good. nice sour note with some funk in the background. major gusher though.

It was the 2009s that had the infection problem.  I haven't tasted one in a long time but when I had them they were horrible but I thought they might have potential.  I think when I get around to opening another one I'll either get a pitcher ready to dump it in or maybe get it super cold before pouring