Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: carb prob with soda in keg  (Read 2152 times)

Offline cwbrew

• 1st Kit
carb prob with soda in keg
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »
did a 5 gal rootbeer extract kit by simply adding sugar, water, and extract. put it in keg 5 days ago at 50psi and still taste flat. only dropped psi to 30 to serve. i know this is prob high but i was just checkin carb level. i have no leaks and its the only keg running in the keezer right now. does anyone have any clue what i could be doin wrong? i need to fix asap kids are on me every hour about it... by thee way i have never had a prob with beer carbing up in this setup.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: carb prob with soda in keg
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »
Shake the hell out of the keg at 50psi at 5 second intervals until it's right. Ought to do the trick.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »
What is the temperature?  It should be totally carbed by now, has the 50 psi been on it the whole time?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jdvisger123

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »
What Euge said... when its on its side, you should hear the CO2 bubbling into it. I left mine at 36 psi for a week or so and it was seriously foamy. I was only using 5 ft of beer line. The CO2 quickly left when the foam settled... just no enough line... ran a formula that said I should be using 20 ft... not going to happen.
Enjoy it, you made it!!!

Offline cwbrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:46 am »
ill try too shake it some more at 50 psi hopefully it will work. the temp is at 37 deg. thanks for the feedback