Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ATC Refractometer for sale  (Read 2555 times)

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
ATC Refractometer for sale
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:21:09 pm »
I have a new refractometer for sale. I received two as gifts and don't need both. It seems to be made of both plastic and metal but still feels rather hefty. If anyone is interested in getting rid of your hydrometer and start using a refractometer this would be perfect for you. I have used mine for 2 brews so far and it's great. I was able to check the gravity frequently and not lose a lot of wort. I can get a pic of it if people want to see it. i just don't have my camera at the moment.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: ATC Refractometer for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:15:56 am »
I have a new refractometer for sale. I received two as gifts and don't need both. It seems to be made of both plastic and metal but still feels rather hefty. If anyone is interested in getting rid of your hydrometer and start using a refractometer this would be perfect for you. I have used mine for 2 brews so far and it's great. I was able to check the gravity frequently and not lose a lot of wort. I can get a pic of it if people want to see it. i just don't have my camera at the moment.

I got one for christmas as well.  But it's really only good for OG.  The alcohol in the FG does something to the numbers.  Supposedly there's some sort of calculation to get it right.  I still use the hydrometer for FG.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:49 am »
I got one for christmas as well.  But it's really only good for OG.  The alcohol in the FG does something to the numbers.  Supposedly there's some sort of calculation to get it right.  I still use the hydrometer for FG.

Sean's site has all you need...  http://seanterrill.com/2012/01/06/refractometer-calculator/
Joe

Offline cwbrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:36:40 am »
do you still have the refractometer for sale?

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »
do you still have the refractometer for sale?

Sorry I don't. I sold it to a fellow club member.