just wondering if waiting another day or two fermenting at 50-51F is better than pulling it now for d-rest, just in case it does end up at under 1.010.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks
I'd let it go. Yeast cleans up diacetyl, so the more it ferments the more it should reduce the d. FWIW, I pretty much always let it ferment to my expected FG, then do a d rest if needed. It seldom is.
Denny- i think perhaps you never needed the d-rest anyway...correct? i ask because everything i have been told or read, says you need some yeast activty to clean up D if its present (the reason for performing d-rest at about 75%)...if you wait until its done, and you do have D, is it going to clean it up?
i guess my point is - you lager correctly and dont get diacetyl.(or very small amounts) i clearly made the mistake of pitching yeast at 60F vs. 45F, and i have diacetyl present now. chances are, keeping it at lager temps until its completed, would leave me with diacetyl since my levels were higher due to error in pitching temp....no? all the more reason to do the d rest before it finishes is what im gathering from the feedback.