Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Gravity Question  (Read 6188 times)

Offline donredbull

• 1st Kit
Re: Gravity Question
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:11 am »
right on thanks to everyone who replied I am pretty new to this and just want it to turn out drinkable

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:06 am »
I agree with everything posted here.

I would also like to add that 1 1/4 lb of crystal malt, plus what ever is in the extract is quite a bit of crystal malt, which will push up your final gravity.

Also, if it tastes fine, don't worry about it. Every beer you make from here on out will be better than your first batch. If it's drinkable, you have done something right.

+1.060

I think that's where life begins Denny. :)

Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 07:35:49 pm »
right on thanks to everyone who replied I am pretty new to this and just want it to turn out drinkable

Man i remember how worried i was about my first batch.  Learn the mantra RDWHAHB.  Repeat after me

I will not worry about my beer, i will RDWHAHB, i will not open my primary every day to check to see if its working, i will RDWHAHB.

When out of homebrew, join a homebrew club or, if all else fails, buy beer(shudder)
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!