Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lipohop c-plus  (Read 1837 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Lipohop c-plus
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:51:38 am »
One of the things that have stuck in my head from last August's Hops Academy put on by the Haas company, was a hop-derived product called Lipohop c-plus.  It is a completely natural extract from hops that provide foam control similar (I assume) to the silicone based products.  I looked into it as I don't like the idea of silicone in my beer, but they only sell it in 10 kg containers.  Their info here: http://www.barthhaasgroup.com/johbarth/images/pdfs/Lipohop_en.pdf

Fast forward to this week.  I mentioned this to a couple of great guys opening a LHBS here in Yakima.  They emailed me saying they were going to get this from Haas and sell it in homebrewer sized doses (~3 grams per 5 gal.).  I'll keep you posted regarding availablility and my experiments with it.

FYI, here is their website, though nothing is there about this yet.  http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/default.asp
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Lipohop c-plus
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:11:00 am »
Looking forward to hearing more about this!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Alewyfe

• Brewer
  • Fighting for Truth, Justice & Home Brew
Re: Lipohop c-plus
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
Looking forward to hearing more about this!

+1
Diane
Roseburg, Oregon
Member: Umpqua Valley Brewers Guild
             Cascade Brewers Society
             AHA

"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it" ~Salvador Dali

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional!"