General Category > Equipment and Software

promash vs beersmith vs others

(1/6) > >>

travjohn92:
I am thinking of upgrading to more advanced brewing software and want to get some opinions.  I have been using Hopville for the last two years or so and I like it, but I consistently run into calculation errors (possibly me, but doubtful) :D

Anyway, what do you guys use or prefer and why?

bazowie:
I went from promash to beersmith2 just recently, I like it well enough and there is alot you can do with it once you get use to it. Promash hasnt been update since 2003 and from what i hear never will so eventually it will go by the way side, so I switched.

bboy9000:
I use Brewer's Friend and have found it extremely accurate in predicting gravities when designing recipes.  I also like the yeast pitching calculator on Brewer's Friend as it can calculate up to three step-ups on a starter.  Its also free to save up to five recipes.  I've never used BeerSmith but a friend that uses it says there's a lot of calculations you can do with your mash. 

Alewyfe:
Beersmith for recipe calculations. Bru'n Water for water calcs and Brewersfriend for yeast pitch calcs.
All wonderful tools. What an awesome time to be a homebrewer. So much great information at our fingertips.

Duke:
I've been using Beersmith 2 for about a year now and I have to say, that I love it.  It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use, but it's fantastic for building recipes and scaling as well.  I'm a huge fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version