Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Local Maltster  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
Local Maltster
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »
So i found a Nice little local organic Maltster.  What are the policies on linking peoples websites etc? id love to pass the information on but dont want to get in trouble.

Jeff
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Re: Local Maltster
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »
So i found a Nice little local organic Maltster.  What are the policies on linking peoples websites etc? id love to pass the information on but dont want to get in trouble.

Jeff

Should be no problem with posting something like that as long as it's legit.
Joe

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »
http://www.valleymalt.com  Their prices are a little high compared to other things i have seen, but id rather pay more for a great product that supports the community.  Ive also sent them an email to see if they do tours/classes.  ill report if i find out anything useful!  Hope you guys give em a try.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:06 pm »
I'd say if they made it into Zymurgy, they are legit.  ;D

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »
Speaking of which, I am looking forward to trying to get some malt from Skagit Valley Malting whenever they start up. They don't have too much on their website, but I love buying from local small businesses.

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:00:37 pm »
there was a nice little plug for 5-6 little maltsters in the latest Zymurgy, i cant wait to see what the organic Barley tastes like!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:27:07 am »
I've used their malt. it's good. The kernals tend to be a little smaller than the big boys so set your gap accordinglingly but the beer was really nice. Did a rye IPA with some of their pale and some rye malt and wheat malt from them.

(Got those from a guy on here and never sent him a bottle of the finished product  :'( Sorry about that JohnnyB. I'm a slacker. Have to rebrew that with westcoast malt and send him some)
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce