Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: WLP 001 in a Pale Ale  (Read 1653 times)

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
WLP 001 in a Pale Ale
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:37:38 pm »
So I just brewed a pale ale on saturday. OG was 1.054 and pitched two vials at 70 degrees. It is sitting my basement bathroom that is unused and it fermenting at 68 degrees. It's been 5 days and went to throw in my dry hops. By this time the yeast has fallen out but to my suprise I still have a good amount of krausen sitting on top of my beer. Is this normal for the yeast? The other times I've used this yeast it has fallen out by now. I haven't taken a gravity reading yet so I guess it could still be going.

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
Re: WLP 001 in a Pale Ale
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
All grain or extract?  It seems to be the consensus on the forums that if its AG it could take up to 3 weeks+.

RDWHAHB
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
WLP 001 in a Pale Ale
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:08 pm »
That happens all the time when I use 001. Always take about 10 days to drop for me. My last beer I used with it, it dropped in 7 days and I was shocked.

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
Re: WLP 001 in a Pale Ale
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:32:28 am »
thanks for the replies.

It's an all grain batch and me seeing that got me curious to see if fermentation stalled or something else I took a gravity reading and it was at 1.010. So it seems like it is finished or very close to finishing.