General Category > Going Pro

New Texas law?

(1/4) > >>

euge:
Today a person I met in New Braunfels claimed that a law allowing self distribution by breweries was passed recently. A google search reveals nothing.

Might affect my choice of retirement career options. :D

tygo:
Even if it's true I don't think it'll let you distribute out of your kitchen  ;)

Jeff M:
His garage or basement then for sure!

duboman:
I believe I heard or read the same thing. It appears many states are now allowing small breweries the ability to self distribute so they can avoid the cost of the middleman and be more competitive in the market. I know Chicago/Illinois allows this and the small breweries are really enjoying it!

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: duboman on March 08, 2013, 08:18:17 AM ---I believe I heard or read the same thing. It appears many states are now allowing small breweries the ability to self distribute so they can avoid the cost of the middleman and be more competitive in the market. I know Chicago/Illinois allows this and the small breweries are really enjoying it!

--- End quote ---
Dogfish always talks about self-distribution helping them when they were small. I imagine once you get to a certain size it becomes a headache, so I doubt the distributors loose much business either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version