General Category > Events

noob NHC question

<< < (2/3) > >>

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: smkranz on March 11, 2013, 09:12:38 PM ---Take 3 bottles and keep 'em cold so they won't change much.  Re-brewing just doesn't seem right, and would make me more nervous than the original beer kept cold.  Many variables in brewing small batches can make a pronounced difference in a beer from batch to batch,

--- End quote ---

That is good advice on the 3 bottles stored cold. If you have your process down, you can rebrew and then compare to the stored bottles. Some styles would benefit from a rebrew, a German Wheat for example. Some won't benefit, such as a high gravity dark beer which may benefit from age.

It is not against the rules to rebrew.

theDarkSide:
If you get your scoresheets back before the official results are announced and there's no indication of placing on the coversheet, still keep the other bottles safe until the official results are announced.

Last year I got my sheets back with nothing marked for placing, but when Janis released the results, I had gotten 2nd place for one of my beers.  Luckily I hadn't drank the other ones yet ( a lager so rebrewing was not an option ).

AmandaK:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on March 12, 2013, 05:23:34 AM ---Last year I got my sheets back with nothing marked for placing, but when Janis released the results, I had gotten 2nd place for one of my beers.
--- End quote ---

OT, but this is one of my pet peeves. I'll be sure it doesn't happen in the KC regional. (It's nice to see the little mini-BOS box checked, ya know?)

bbkf:

--- Quote from: AmandaK on March 12, 2013, 06:11:26 AM ---
OT, but this is one of my pet peeves. I'll be sure it doesn't happen in the KC regional. (It's nice to see the little mini-BOS box checked, ya know?)

--- End quote ---

awesome!  I am sending my entries to KC.  I hope everything runs smoothly for you.   

redzim:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on March 12, 2013, 05:23:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: smkranz on March 11, 2013, 09:12:38 PM ---Take 3 bottles and keep 'em cold so they won't change much.  Re-brewing just doesn't seem right, and would make me more nervous than the original beer kept cold.  Many variables in brewing small batches can make a pronounced difference in a beer from batch to batch,

--- End quote ---

That is good advice on the 3 bottles stored cold. If you have your process down, you can rebrew and then compare to the stored bottles. Some styles would benefit from a rebrew, a German Wheat for example. Some won't benefit, such as a high gravity dark beer which may benefit from age.

It is not against the rules to rebrew.

--- End quote ---

Thanks all. I'll store 3 of each cold, and see what happens....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version