General Category > All Grain Brewing

Emphasize pilsner?

(1/2) > >>

duboman:
So I entered a Belgian blonde in a local comp and it scored a 33 which I was pretty pleased with but I'm confused...

Both judges said it was lacking the pilsner quality of the beer

The recipe was 85% pilsner !

Single infusion mash at 151 steady for 60 minutes and a 90 minute boil

Any thoughts as to what this comment means or how I would provide more emphasis? Could it be the water being too hard for the style?

denny:
Personally, unless they explained what they meant by a vague comment like that, I'd ignore it.

duboman:

--- Quote from: denny on March 13, 2013, 05:29:42 PM ---Personally, unless they explained what they meant by a vague comment like that, I'd ignore it.

--- End quote ---

I was curious because both judges stated the same thing which kind of struck me-starting to truly wonder about the actual merit of some of these comps........outside of bling if you place:) several comps and vague, crappy uninformed comments are not a help!

reverseapachemaster:
Maybe they meant it was lacking a grainy character usually associated with pilsner? Is there contact info for the judge? If so maybe they can explain what they meant.

hoser:

--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on March 13, 2013, 08:27:22 PM ---Maybe they meant it was lacking a grainy character usually associated with pilsner? Is there contact info for the judge? If so maybe they can explain what they meant.

--- End quote ---

This was my thought as well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version