Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: DFH Festina Peche  (Read 1429 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
DFH Festina Peche
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »
So maybe my palate for sours is skewed, but I was really disappointed when I tried this brew. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad beer. I'd rather kick down a few of these than Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat or Shock Top, but to me this tastes much more like a slightly acidic American Wheat Beer than a Berliner.

I definitely get a nice dose of peach aroma and flavor. What I'm missing is a nice lactic tang to make the fruit pop and get your mouth watering a bit. It's nowhere near as tart as I'd like, and the acidity is super clean. Bummer - guess I had different expectations here.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: DFH Festina Peche
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:25:48 am »
I find that this beer changes between batches.  Sometimes I get no peach, sometimes the sourness is low, sometimes it is both sour and peachy.  I've never really liked it in any of the iterations.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:34:53 am »
I think it can almost be categorized as a "Mild Sour" in the sense that the sourness is very subdued. The peach flavor is also pleasant and mild as well. I always enjoy this beer, especially during the hot season.
Ron Price

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 10:53:57 am »
The first version at the pub was the most tart and it has been getting gentler since then. I thought this years was too 'canned preachy' if that's a term.

- Sent by my R2 unit

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958