Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wy 3522 Belgian Ardennes  (Read 2434 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Wy 3522 Belgian Ardennes
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »
Anybody ever use this yeast?

I will preface this by saying I am not a bottling noob-I only bottle and always have for as long as I've brewed so I know how to bottle and be patient but this yeast is throwing me.............

Belgian IPA
OG 1.084
FG 1.008

Brewed on 1/19 and bottled on 2/8. Bulk primed with 4.71oz with a finished volume of beer of 5 gallons.
When the beer was racked it was crystal clear and no trub was brought with it into the bottling bucket and bottled clear.

Last week I placed a bottle in the fridge for a few days for a sample. Upon pour it was still not fully carbonated which is not my concern as being so large it may just need more time but here is my dilemma: The pour was full of yeast floaties and there appears to be a solid 1/8-1/4 " of sedimant in the bottles and upon viewing my bottles today with a flashlight they all appear to have a large amount of floaties in them. They look like snow globes!

Even the new bottle I placed in the fridge 3 days ago still has yeast suspended in it! This is supposed to be highly flocculent and as mentioned no trub was racked when bottled so I am quite confused..........

Any one ever have this happen to them? Mind you, when I tasted the first, flat bottle A week or so ago the beer was fine with no off flavors or faults but I have never had yeast act like this before.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Siamese Moose

• Cellarman
Re: Wy 3522 Belgian Ardennes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:01:41 am »
I use this yeast all the time, and have not had the problems you're facing. It's the La Chouffe yeast, and their beers have always looked bright to me.
Please read her profile, and reelect my wife to the Governing Committee: Roxanne Westendorf

I named my brewery after my cat, Moose. He's Siamese.
Rob Westendorf
Cincinnati, OH
Bloatarian Brewing League current President
BJCP National (outranked by my wife, the Master Judge)

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Wy 3522 Belgian Ardennes
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:54:08 am »
I use this yeast all the time, and have not had the problems you're facing. It's the La Chouffe yeast, and their beers have always looked bright to me.

+1.060
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Wy 3522 Belgian Ardennes
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »
I had the same experience until it got bottled.....confused:(
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010