Other than Brewing > The Pub

My "missionary" work!

<< < (3/3)

AmandaK:
I've done this to several people, I like the missionary term too. I've been referring to 'my work' as being a 'beer disciple'.  ;D

bluesman:
Sharing the art and craft of homebrewing is an honorable duty and valued experience, one that I wouldn't  trade that for anything in the world. I enjoy teaching and exchanging ideas/knowledge with other Homebrewers.

That being said, I also enjoy the sound/isolation of a jet burner and some good music playing in the background without interruption. It's therapeutic in a sense. It also allows me to be artisanal in spirit while I can focus on the art and craft of homebrewing.

gmac:
I've had a few people that want me to show them how to do it.  But, I haven't had anyone bite the bullet and purchase equipment.  I'm probably having more success converting people to "craft" styles of beer and off the BMC wagon.  Our craft scene up here is expanding rapidly but we're still behind the US in terms of craft opportunity.  Of course, I also have the usual followers who are asking me to sell them beer (which of course I would never do since that would be illegal). 

redbeerman:
Most of the people where I live are BMC drinkers.  A few have tried my beers and like them, but for the most part if it isn't yellow fizzy water, most of my neighbors won't drink it.  The younger folks I work with on the other hand are into it mightily, and have expressed interest in learning how to brew.

majorvices:

--- Quote from: bluesman on March 15, 2013, 06:34:51 AM ---Sharing the art and craft of homebrewing is an honorable duty and valued experience, one that I wouldn't  trade that for anything in the world. I enjoy teaching and exchanging ideas/knowledge with other Homebrewers.

That being said, I also enjoy the sound/isolation of a jet burner and some good music playing in the background without interruption. It's therapeutic in a sense. It also allows me to be artisanal in spirit while I can focus on the art and craft of homebrewing.

--- End quote ---

what about your life? your wife? your house? Or is this what they call "hyperbole"?  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version