Other than Brewing > The Pub

My "missionary" work!

<< < (2/3) > >>

euge:
That's awesome! So far I haven't been able to convince anyone to take up the hobby. :-\

jamminbrew:

--- Quote from: jeffy on March 14, 2013, 04:43:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: tygo on March 14, 2013, 04:08:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: jamminbrew on March 14, 2013, 03:14:40 PM ---Every brew day at my house gets a little crowded.

--- End quote ---

That would drive me nuts.  I've brewed with club members before and I'll do so again.  And any of my friends that would want to get into it I'd be happy to show them the ropes.  But most of the time I treasure my time alone in the garage with my mash tun and kettle.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly.  I have brewed a lot of beers for demos and club events and get weary of answering questions while trying to keep track of the schedule.  It is much more relaxing to have the brew day to myself.

--- End quote ---
I guess I shouldn't say every day, I do get my brew days alone. But I do enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and likewise, enjoy learning things from others too.

cornershot:

That would drive me nuts.  I've brewed with club members before and I'll do so again.  And any of my friends that would want to get into it I'd be happy to show them the ropes.  But most of the time I treasure my time alone in the garage with my mash tun and kettle.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.  I have brewed a lot of beers for demos and club events and get weary of answering questions while trying to keep track of the schedule.  It is much more relaxing to have the brew day to myself.
[/quote

I'm in my 20th year of brewing and enjoy company as much as brewing alone. Alone, sober, and doughing-in at 5am allows me to do my best possible work while finishing my session early enough to still have a whole Saturday or Sunday to do other stuff.
On the other hand, I love bringing a keg my LHBS to brew and teach a class of 20+ for 6 hours.  It's extremely energy-intensive and completely drains me but so worth it! It brings a lot of great people together and we're building up steam toward starting a club.
This week we're tapping 2 kegs of irish stout while brewing 10 gal of american wheat on a 3 pot system and a biab kolsch!

Alewyfe:

I love sharing the excitement with someone who watches that cereal grain become sweet wort for the first time. I too love my time alone becoming one with my wort, but there's something very satisfying about
being part of birthing a new baby brewer. I have lots of brew children out there.

mmitchem:
I can't get anyone to start homebrewing either. Seems that people are content with me brewing it for them. Why would they start and invest the money in something they know they can just go to me and get! Bla, lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version