Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottles Dimentions for NHC  (Read 1692 times)

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
Bottles Dimentions for NHC
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:11:48 pm »
Guys,

I'm kinda freakin as I'm bottling and drinking the AIPA I entered and actually measured the height of my bottles.  The rules say "The measurements of a standard case box slot are 2.75 inches long x 2.75 inches wide x 9 inches high (7 cm x 7 cm x 22.9 cm)" however most of the bottles I've been saving are either 9.25" or 9.5" high. 

Do I need to start over or RDWHAHB?  I don't have any more of the Pilsner I entered so I sure hope its the latter!

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Bottles Dimentions for NHC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:34:09 pm »
At this point, I would go with the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.

That being said, I can't say I've measured any of my bottles. If it fits in a standard 6-pack slot, I'm good.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:55:50 pm »
If Janis doesn't see this, you should contact her directly.  Sometimes bottle size is really important for storage.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »
Sometimes bottle size is really important for storage.

Good point. I'm used to other comps, I guess.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:21 pm »
Sometimes bottle size is really important for storage.

Good point. I'm used to other comps, I guess.

I know this started a few years back when entries started skyrocketing.  Everything needs to be a standard size in order to store all the entries.  But I don't know how much, if any, leeway there is.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:51:59 am »
Well, I went with the latter, RDWHAHB, and had a buddy over to taste the AIPA I'm entering which resulted in me sleeping an extra 2 hours this morning!    ::)

I used a Pacifico bottle from my neighbor and an Old Peculiar Bottle.  Both were 9.5" as that is all I had.  I guess we will find out what leeway there is as we kicked the AIPA last night after bottling so I'm out of options.  We both gave it at least a bronze so at least in my (fuzzy) mind the medal is won and I can move on if disqualified..... ;D

Dave
Dave Zach