Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Competition question...  (Read 17640 times)

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: NHC Competition question...
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »
I had given some thought to doing some creative editing on the actual label to get in an updated description for a cat 23 beer after the closing date for editing. Figured it would be cheating so didn't do it, but if the labels are your entry form I'm sure there's someone out there who's going that route.

On the other hand, there is a bar code on the label. Will they be scanning to get information or manually copying it from what's written on the label?

The labels and all that info is just to identify the bottle with the proper entry number, the important data is all in the database and that is usually used to generate the pull sheets that the judges see and have the required specialty info on them.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
Re: NHC Competition question...
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
Hi,

For the 1st Round, the bottle labels are your entry form.  Please disregard the instructions about including proof of payment, unless you used a Free Entry Certificate; those MUST be included in the box with the entries.

Cheers,
Janis

I had given some thought to doing some creative editing on the actual label to get in an updated description for a cat 23 beer after the closing date for editing. Figured it would be cheating so didn't do it, but if the labels are your entry form I'm sure there's someone out there who's going that route.

On the other hand, there is a bar code on the label. Will they be scanning to get information or manually copying it from what's written on the label?
Hi James,

If you need to edit your entry in the database, please send me an e-mail with the name of the city where your entry will be judged and the exact edits you need to make.  janis@brewersassociation.org

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org