Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Club Membership Cards  (Read 6318 times)

Offline guido

• Brewer
Club Membership Cards
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:17:11 am »
Does anyone know of a source that would print a club membership card?  It doesn't have to be plastic, but something on the line of the AHA membership card that would have the members name and a date on it.  We're hoping to arrange discounts at several LHBS's and beer distributors where members could show their card to get the discount.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Club Membership Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:53:57 am »
I'm sure there are online solutions, but I don't know any.  For a DIY solution, we print membership cards on the pre-perforated business card stock available at most office supply stores. You can get a template and design everything in word.  You can also get lamination sheets pre-cut for business cards to really make it look like you know what you're doing.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
I'm sure there are online solutions, but I don't know any.  For a DIY solution, we print membership cards on the pre-perforated business card stock available at most office supply stores. You can get a template and design everything in word.  You can also get lamination sheets pre-cut for business cards to really make it look like you know what you're doing.

It would be nice to look like I know what I'm doing, for once.  I'm pretty good with Word and Photoshop, so designing a card wouldn't that tough.  I didn't know about the pre-cut laminate sheets for business cards, though.  That info might come in handy.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 06:35:24 pm »
We're pretty lucky in the sense that we have a member who runs a print store and so has the whole plastic credit card setup. In fact, he uses those as his tags that he attaches to his kegs.

One thing we do, just for CYA purposes, is the back of the card is also printed with a disclaimer about consumption and being an idiot. I have no clue if it has any standing legally, but it's there as a good reminder to folks - don't be a dummy, dummy.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline Bruce B

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Overcome, Improvise, Adapt.
    • Bruce's Brewing Adventures
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »
We just do business cards through a local printer and have a laminating machine at the meetings for those who want to laminate them. It's a very budget friendly approach. 
Prosit, Sláinte, Salute, Na Zdravi, Cheers! - Bruce
Beer Barons of Milwaukee - http://www.beerbarons.org
Coordinator - Midwinter Homebrew Competition
BJCP National, Mead, & Cider Judge
BJCP Education Director
AHA NHC Final Round Judge Coordinator

Offline hellbound

• Cellarman
  • Beer Saved The World
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »
We're pretty lucky in the sense that we have a member who runs a print store and so has the whole plastic credit card setup. In fact, he uses those as his tags that he attaches to his kegs.

One thing we do, just for CYA purposes, is the back of the card is also printed with a disclaimer about consumption and being an idiot. I have no clue if it has any standing legally, but it's there as a good reminder to folks - don't be a dummy, dummy.

And it comes in handy at all the local Brewpubs too
Dave
Maltose Falcon, San Fernando Valley Beer Lover
"Been drinking all the beer I can find since 1982"

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 11:39:24 am »
i would look at vistaprint, they have a large amount of options available.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline Nemleu

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 03:36:10 am »
After we designed our card I had PDF file made, 10 cards on an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.  Using Adobe Acrobat Pro I inserted the club member’s names and printed them on a nice grade cover stock.  I cut them on one of those office paper trimmers, than I laminated them front and back.   They turned out great and very professional looking.  When new members join it’s very convenient to make more.